13.12.12

A Simple Travel

I want to travel. However, I'm not that rich to transport myself to some faraway land unknown to me. Yes, I dream of going to a tropical island surrounded with lush trees and carefree birds flying around. Or in Brazil and take a picture of me with the popular statue at Rio de Janiero as background. Or in Indonesia and experience the relaxing and invigorating ambiance of one-of-a-kind spas in Bali.

But hey, reality check please. I'm just a simple guy in the Philippines who can't afford such above-mentioned luxuries. I just go to places where circumstances of daily life lead me. May it be in the busy streets of our town or in the nearest beach that costs me a 10-peso entrance fee.  I just bike all the way to our neighboring municipalities and see the new things they offer my senses. There may be no big difference. Kiosks, a plaza, a church, and a city hall. Yet you'll be refreshed on the peculiar way they speak our vernacular. People there have similar language as ours yet the tone on how they enunciate it differ much.

Yes, traveling must not that expensive. People should just live by their means. To have a fun-filled getaway, there is no need to spend much because we can find brand new knowledge from the localities where we live. As long as we treasure every simple ride or walk to a fresh environment we've never been to, it makes us feel that we don't need many stamps in our passports just to gain wisdom through traveling. Appreciating what  our places can offer makes us proud and contented on the lanes, corners, and streets that we trudge on. Along with the various, interesting people it contains and the truth we get from them, indeed, there's no need for a plane or ship to learn more about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment