18.4.12

Meet-up at SM City Lazaro


          I met with my friends, Glaiza and Emrose, at SM Lazaro for a quick malling and catching up with one another. Being here in Manila isn’t easy when it comes to travelling from one place to another especially if you’re new in the metro just like me. Unlike Iloilo City, Manila is puzzling me with the twists and turns of its roads and it would obviously be tough for me to memorize it for one day. But I guess, given the time (and the map!), I can probably master it. For as long as you’re alert and know how to ask questions, I think you’ll probably adapt with the busy yet alive environment.
          SM City Lazaro. This was my goal destination for the day.  I passed by the U-belt but the jeepney didn’t went further towards Quiapo because the route was closed due to an anticipated rally perhaps. The heat was just super hot, my sweat was dripping on my head. 
           I didn’t know what to ride next, so, after a few walks, I rode a taxi going to our meeting place. SM City Lazaro really looked so close with SM City Iloilo but of course, the former had stores that you could not find in the latter.
          With just one day left in Manila, my friends bought some souvenir items and they just found it at the Blue Magic store. The boutique offered a lot of gift items at reasonable prices such as cute and huggable stuff toys, handcrafted accessories, quirky greeting cards, and wooden paraphernalias painted with inspiring messages. The store was just the perfect haven for giveaways in various special occasions. I also found rosaries with beads coinciding with the different birthstones, artistically designed pens and pencils, jelly toy rats to pull off a prank to someone, and scrolls made of fabric with good poems written on them. Bags, wallets, purses, and cellphone accessories were also available.
         After some strolling, we of course, took our meal and we decided to feast on Burger King. We had their 135-peso combo consisting of  BBQ burger, fries, soda, and ice cream.  Yummy!
        Afterwhich, we just parted ways knowing that we’ll see each other again in Iloilo. They actually had plans of going to Tagaytay the next day.
         I wished I could go with them but unfortunately, It would be a little hard for me. I just imagined how cool it would be to visit Tagaytay. You can just chill away from the scorching sun and take pleasure in watching lush green trees. But for now, I’ll enjoy my stay in Manila and be amazed with the freshness it can offer my eyes. And yes, enjoy good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment