1.4.12

Hungry for Hunger Games

          I totally enjoyed watching The Hunger Games. I mean, my eyes were totally hooked on the screen the whole time I was viewing it. The thrill, excitement, action, romance, and the drama were well combined to give us the entertainment that we need. I'm a fan now of director Gary Ross.
          The cinematography was styled to be creatively shaky, making me reminisce of Hitler's time. Special effects were carried out satisfactorily. I also liked the music, especially the mellow ones. The clothing worn by the people in District 12 were well-crafted, its simplicity the total opposite of the extravagant, histrionic fashion people wore in the Capitol. The main actors, Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss Everdeen) and Josh Hutcherson (Peeta Mellark)  were good in their performances since you will empathize in their pitiful situation and fall in love as well with the romance blooming between them.
          There were also a lot of quotable lines that the actors in the film had uttered. I can't wait to watch the next sequel. Will Peeta eventually win the heart of Katniss eventhough the game was over? Or will Katniss find real love in her close friend, Gale Hawthorne (played by Liam Hemsworth)? 
         Though the film was entertaining, I guess kids should still be guided when they watch the film because it has a lot of sensitive action scenes like teenagers killing one another just to survive in the game. The film was a based on the novel of the same title which was authored by Suzanne Collins. According to wikipedia.com, she had said in an interview that the book tackles on severe poverty, starvation, oppression and the effects of war among others.

No comments:

Post a Comment