15.1.13

Relax Mode in Batangas

I went to Batangas a month ago with my tito who was visiting a friend who lives there. Since it was my first time traveling to the place, I was a bit excited of what was in stored for me. It was indeed a long ride going there via bus. However, this compensated with the breathtaking greenery that you will see as we bound to this province known for their unique tone of speaking Tagalog.

Getting there, It seemed the place was relaxed since there weren't so many lofty buildings. I also felt the cool air brushing through my body. Maybe, this was due to the mountainous landscape that Batangas had. I could have brought my sweater. Though the house we were visiting was just near the city, it wasn't surrounded by commercial stores and establishments. Rather, as we rode the tricycle going to my tito's friend, I was mesmerized by the pretty view of mountains, trees, and humble villages that welcomed us.

As we arrived at our destination, I felt peace since the home was surrounded with coconut trees. I felt as though all my worries vanished just being in that serene environment. My tito and his friend cooked tinolang manok while my cousin and I roamed around, relaxed under a wooden gazebo with a swing, and took pictures of us amidst the stress-free scenery.

It was a refreshing feeling to be able to just depart from the busy city life and submit yourself to the nature's comforting embrace. Batangas offered this to me which made such trip special and memorable. We just stayed there for one day, however, I learned many lessons from the persons we met. Simply, there were things in life that we wouldn't know unless we interact with people who had these unique real-life experiences   from which we could gain wisdom.

Batangas was a humble town, offering you a mix of rural and urban fun. With its long, winding roads, cool breeze, and awesome people, indeed, it had the peculiar but awesome simplicity that I have not experienced from the other places here in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment