21.10.11

Devouring Seafood at Allan's Talabahan


          If there’s a place where I could feast on seafoods while not hurting my pocket, Allan’s Talabahan in Oton, Iloilo would be the perfect spot. This is the right haven for a weekend eating experience most especially for barkadas who still depend on their parents for their allowance. Just like me, saving a part of my baon when I was a student was so “sulit” since aside from walking out of the simple yet cozy resto with a full stomach, you  got to smell, taste, and gobble down your favorite ocean delights.
          And what can I say? I am a “Pantat” boy. Thumbs up to their oh-so-meaty grilled mudfish, if you really call it a mudfish. I didn’t even taste a hint of soil. To tell you the truth, my friends and I devoured it up to the last bone. Dipping it in my toyo with calamansi made it more gratifying.
         Though I am not really a fan of talaba, theirs abided with my palate satisfactorily. Of course, I had to fully masticate it because the first time I ate talaba in a friend’s birthday party, I didn’t chew it properly that I ended up having diaarhea the next day. And I thought a softdrink was the remedy to my watery disease. Haha!!!
          What you shouldn’t miss in this humble seafood house is their baked talaba. The melted butter that surrounded the flesh and the seasoning that came with it made the sweetness irresistable to partake. Mind you, its smell was already satiating. What more with taste, right?
          My all-time favorite grilled squid was also available. Its juicy and delectable savor was heightened by the onions seasoned to it. Perfectly manamnam!
          If one isn’t craving for seafood like my friend, Angel, the restaurant also offered scrumptious porkchop and other preparations aside from seafoods that are surely to be enjoyed.


         After half an hour, our table seemed to be cleanly swept. Turned out we really had a satsifying fill. When we went out of the place, we laughed as we compared whose belly was the largest of all. Aside from the delicious meal Allan’s Talabahan offered us, the company of good friends made that day more appetizing to eat. I will definitely come back here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment